Rules are something we live with from a very early age. They allow us to live within a set of guidelines where we can accomplish our goals and love the life we live. Take a moment to think about your life – I bet you can create a list of top life rules you live within. Do we share any of the same life rules? This is my top 10 list:
1. Be friends with different types of people. Listening and understanding different viewpoints will help you create a kinder world.
2. Read constantly. Reading can change the way you think about something for decades to come.
3. Question everything. You can trust while pay attention to your instincts.
4. Be the odd man out. One of Dave Ramsey’s favorite comment to callers is: “Be willing to live the way other people won’t, so you can live the way other people can’t.”
5. Life is messy. It’s how you clean it up that matters.
6. Be grateful. Grateful people report higher levels of positive emotions, life satisfaction, vitality, optimism and lower levels of depression and stress.
7. Compounded interest is a game changer. Put away a bit of money each month, however much you can afford.
8. Tap into your creative side. The most important part of pivoting (or changing course in the middle of a plan) is allowing yourself to try new things and learn.
9. Master your passion. Statistically, it takes 10,000 hours (equal to 5 years of a full-time job) to master a skill.
10. Take the step – even if it is only a baby step. Baby steps lead to bigger steps and pretty soon you will find a new stride!