Just as you have a routine for getting ready or making an evening meal for your family each day, creating a routine to keep your workspace neat and well organized will help you stay on task.
Staying productive throughout the day can be difficult but keeping yourself motivated and your workspace organized will go a long way to helping you stay productive.
5 Tips to Organize Your Work Space and Stay Productive
- Remove objects and items that don’t bring you joy and empty the trash from your work area.
- Use baskets, containers, and cabinets to keep your area tidy.
- Organize your desk accessories.
- Declutter, organize, and streamline your files (including any electronic files).
- Keep inspirational reminders around you
Bonus Tip: Spend 5 minutes each day unsubscribing to list serves that could distract you. This will help your inbox stay tidy and help you stay on task.
Obviously, this list is only a beginning and it’s subjective to each person. Lists help me stay productive throughout the week so if you are like me, grab a notepage and create a list. Need something to keep track of the big projects? Perhaps you could hang a whiteboard near your workspace or for a retro vibe, use a chalkboard.
Regardless of the route you choose, begin with the end in mind (heard that before?) and create a strategy that is sustainable. And most importantly, no one says you can’t make changes as you need!